By S. Manian Ramkurar, Ph.D.
$200 for members / $295 non-members
Presented in Two (2) 90 minute Sessions / April 18 and 19
The stencil printing process is the most critical process in surface mount electronics assembly. It tremendously influences the quality of the final PCB assembly. This course will provide a thorough understanding of the print process for lead based and lead free solder paste print applications. Topics include an in-depth look at stencils, solder paste, squeegee, process parameters, process characteristics, inspection techniques, defect identification and corrective actions. Participants in this course are sure to acquire a sound understanding of the solder paste print process and its influence on yield. A brief discussion on the use of this process for adhesive print applications is also included.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
1. Understand the stencil printing process and the process parameters, thoroughly.
2. Understand the importance and the influence of solder paste, flux, temperature, humidity, board support and machine setup.
3. Evaluate materials such as paste, stencil and squeegee for efficient printing
4. Understand the various solder paste constituents and types of paste
5. Specify stencils, solder paste and printer requirements for various applications
6. Understand Stencil construction and features for efficient paste transfer
7. Understand squeegees and the recent advances in print technology
8. Evaluate in-coming raw materials and procedure for qualifying vendors
9. Understand the print process for adhesive applications