In this course, you will learn how to create accelerated durability test specifications using nCode GlyphWorks software. This includes validation testing in the cycles domain (including constant amplitude and block cycle), time domain, and frequency domain. Damage equivalence and other quantifiable correlation techniques will be used.
Class time is split between lecture on analysis techniques and hands-on sessions where you get to put concepts into action with GlyphWorks software.
- Introduce lab durability testing methods, including strengths, weaknesses, and applicability of each
- Explain ways to accelerate these durability tests
- Create test specifications for validation or durability testing in the following domains
- Constant amplitude cycle
- Block cycle
- Time domain (time waveform replication)
- Frequency domain (sine, random, sine on random, etc.)
- Compare existing test specifications with measured field data
- Correlate durability testing with known service loading
- Include reliability demonstration in durability testing
- How many samples to test?
- How long to test for?